Sunday, May 14, 2017

If you think today should include you... it should!

Happy Mother's Day!

I wake up this morning feeling extremely blessed because there a lot of mothers 
out there that have had such a huge impact on my life.  I can't begin to express the gratitude 
I have for them and most especially for my own mom.  I wouldn't be the woman that 
I am today without her and I love her to the ends of the earth.



I have been reading so many blog posts recently about mother's day and for the 
women that feel as though this day doesn't include them because they have not gotten 
the chance to actually hold their babies in their arms or have lost them in other ways.  

I know last year was a hard Mother's day for myself as we had our miscarriage before that.  
But this year I have both joy and sadness as I mourn the fact that this would've been my first Mother's Day with my baby in my arms, but I am also incredibly happy to be pregnant with our rainbow baby at 21 weeks!  Miscarriage and infant loss makes women feel like they are less than a mother because they have "nothing to show for it".  You know what... I call BS!  You ARE mothers.  Every one of you... You deserve this day just like every mom that is currently chasing around a toddler, feeding their newborn, watching their kids graduate high school, or enjoying brunch with their grandkids.  Losing a child doesn't take away your motherhood, it changes it, but it doesn't mean that you shouldn't be celebrated.   I know, I know... But mom's should be celebrated everyday.  Well duh!  But you know what so should dads, veterans, our freedom, and Jesus!  But today is a day dedicated to MOMS!  So take today!  Embrace it!  Love on your babies, your moms, all the women in your life that have influenced you and made you want to be an amazing mom like them!

This post is for you.  If you are questioning whether you should be celebrated today, you should!  As mom's we all need to stick together because this world gets crazy.  We need to raise each other up and cheer each other on in our victories.  Home birth, hospital birth, natural, C-section, breastfed, formula fed, crib sleeping, co sleeping, cry it out, baby wearing, cloth diapering, disposables, it doesn't matter.  These are all decision that we each are making for ourselves and our families that makes each of our lives easier, but may not be someone else's cup of tea.  At the end of the day we have done what we thought was best for us, end of story.  So today I ask that we all join together and spread love to ALL MOMS.  Because I am learning already that this is a very crazy ride and we all need the support and appreciation for our journeys, no matter what they look like.


No comments:

Post a Comment